Band Shirt Of The Day: House of Pain Same As It Ever Was
I’m not going to lie. House of Pain’s sophomore album, Same As It Ever Was, is fucking great. It’s funny, when “Jump Around” was released in ‘92, I automatically wrote it off as a stupid novelty song. In fact the entire first House of Pain record never did anything for me (with the exception of the song “Shamrocks and Shenanigans”). But two years later when the group released their followup record, I decided to check it out. And boy am I glad I did. It instantly became one of my favorite albums of 1994, and it’s still a record I listen to regularly. My high school BFF/roommate Tony and I would listen to Same As It Ever Was non stop. We knew (and still know) all the words, and sang along like a couple of little girls listening to New Kids on the Block. Tony and I still quote lyrics from this record at least once a month.
I got this shirt at Hot Topic in Reno, NV in ‘94 or ‘95. I remember finding it on the clearance rack for like $5, so I snatched it up. As you can tell, it’s pretty well worn, but what do you expect a 17 year old shirt to look like?
Fun fact: House of Pain mention The Return of the Living Dead in the song, “Over There Shit.”
Bonus fun fact: I’m not wearing any pants in the picture above.
- greenmezzanine likes this
- insanolas likes this
- medescubrieron reblogged this from rapersona
- rapersona reblogged this from guiltregret
- theminorthread likes this
- killing-is-thy-business likes this
- i-rock-that-ill-shit reblogged this from guiltregret
- killing-is-thy-business reblogged this from guiltregret
- chasingcoolness said: I’m super jealous of the fact that you have this shirt.
- chasingcoolness likes this
- thisistheglamorous likes this
- johnpseudonym said: Put on your shit kickers and kick some shit!
- johnpseudonym likes this
- adultwasteland likes this
- mrsguiltregret likes this
- missmcleod likes this
- transascendant likes this
- tonyhell said: haha I like this album alot too actually
- total-relapse likes this
- guiltregret posted this