Just a reminder that The Guest opens in select cities today. If it’s playing anywhere near you, I suggest you check it out. It’s one of my favorite movies of 2014.
Hey guys! As some of you many know already, I recently retrieved my movie poster/memorabilia collection from my childhood home. I’ve been collecting for nearly 30 years so I have some really cool stuff. I’ll be selling a good chunk of the collection to help finance my upcoming wedding. Here are a few pieces. These are all original theatrical vinyl banners sent to theatres by the studios to promote their movies. These were never sold commercially, and are all pretty rare. I’ll be posting more as I sort through the collection and get photos.
- Child’s Play 2 banner. It measures roughly 12 feet by 3 feet. It’s in fair condition - a little worn. It has 4 grommets for hanging - 1 on each corner. It also has adhesive velcro strips on each corner.
- Jurassic Park banner. This one measures approx. 5 feet by 4 feet. It’s in excellent condition. It also has grommets and velcro on each corner.
- Arachnophobia banner. This measures roughly 10 feet by 3 feet. It’s also in excellent condition. It has grommets in each corner for easy hanging. Not sure if this one has velcro, though I think it does.
- Encino Man banner. This measures approx. 10 feet by 3 feet. It’s in excellent condition and has grommets and velcro.
- Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead banner. This one is about 10 feet by 3 1/2 feet and is in excellent condition. It also has grommets and velcro for easy hanging.
I’m asking $150 for each banner. Shipping included (these things are pretty damn heavy, so shipping is going to cost me a lot). If you’re interested hit me up. I can send better pics upon request. I’m also open to offers if you’re interested in buying more than one or whatever. Just ask.
Once I get through my extensive poster collection, I’ll be posting lots of that as well. I’ll also have a list of all posters and their conditions too, which I can send out upon request. I’ll let you know when that’s ready to go.
Oh, if you’d like to reblog this post to help spread the word, that’d be super rad.
One of my favorite scenes.
Just watched this for the first time. I was surprised I hadn’t seen it already. Great movie.
Date night with my love, @rachelkristin. Tonight’s frightening feature is ‘Lovely Molly.’ Heard good things about it…we’ll see. #lovelymolly #horror #movies
Rachel, Chrisp, Edith and I just got tickets to a double feature of Black Christmas and Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 at the New Beverly Cinema on Tuesday, December 18th. So excited to see both of these holiday treasures on the big screen.
If you live in L.A, and aren’t totally lame, you should go to. There are still a limited number of tickets available here. Only $8 for both movies!!! What a deal.
Finally tearing into this “bad movie” book, which I bought over a year ago when all the Borders book stores were closing down. I don’t necessarily agree with the author’s choice of several of the films featured here, but it’s still a fun read. And it’s helping me to compile a list of movies I need to see.
Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare
Directed by Rachel Talalay
I’ve always really liked this poster. I think I like this poster more than I like the movie. Ha ha.
Attempted to watch Fangoria’s anaglyph 3-D conversion of the original Night of the Living Dead. Unfortunately, the 3-D didn’t work very well :/ (Taken with Instagram)
Fangoria magazine has converted George Romero’s classic Night of the Living Dead into anaglyph 3-D, and you can watch it for FREE right here. All you need is a pair of those old school red and blue 3-D glasses.
Thanks to Freddy in Space for the heads up.